

Election night was a disappointment for me. I just went to sleep because I couldn't watch tv anymore as worry came upon me in my weakness. But I woke up the next morning and realized that our country is going to change. I feel that most people seemed to come together on election night and even the day after. Again what McCain said was very uplifting and humble on his part and again very positive and willing to unite; along with Bush who was willing to corporate with our president to be. And the world was hopeful too, when does that ever happen? Whether or not our country will unite even if it's just for a moment, well we'll have to see, but at least that day it felt like it could be possible and to me there was a sense of hope for peace I think we all long for. Whether you are democrat, republican, independant, ect. you can not deny the sense of accomplishment as a nation with the biggest turn out at the polls we have ever seen, we care about our future, we care about our country and we can agree on that. And again this country is great and I am proud to be an American, anything is possible here. For those of you who have travelled to other countries know what I mean. And as a christian, God has a plan for our country and the world with our new elected president. THERE IS A PURPOSE FOR IT! All what we should do now is pray for Obama and his family, with loving and humble hearts, and let God take care of the rest. And for me I'm not worried about if things will get better or worse, whatever happens is PLANNED to happen for a PURPOSE. If our economy gets better or worse, fine. I can't take money with me when I die. All that matters to me is that in this country we are FREE to worship God where ever and when ever we want. We need to come together in relation with God and do what He wants us to which is respect our leaders and pray for them even if we don't agree because they are human. Our purpose, and what we were made for was relationship and fellowship. There is a lot of work that needs to be done and for anyone it would be a tuff job, this is why prayer is so important. Will we ever live in international harmony? No. Will things get worse? maybe. Can things get better? of course. But through it all I will never give up on the hope for peace one day, because heavenly peace will come, that is certain.
1 comment:
Hey! I heard you had a blog from Tanya. Now I can know how you are doing.
Flip Flops misses you!
Take care Janie
Post a Comment