Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkins, Cider, and a Blackberry Pie





Fall is here, the leaves are falling and it is beautiful outside. Nick and I went out to pick pumpkins yesterday, and yes we had to get one for Lilu too. We picked up some homemade cider while we were there as well. It was such a pretty day and we really enjoyed the 30 min ride to the farm. After the ride we went grocery shopping and picked up the best blackberry pie I've ever had. MMMMMM. We had it a la mode, which is the only way we think a fruit pie should be eaten. Things have been very slow out here. Nothing extremely interesting has happened except for a change in career paths for me. I have been really thinking of what I want to do for the rest of my life, or better yet, what is going to fulfill me in a career path. Ever since India, we have had a very strong desire to travel internationally and help those who are in great need of aid but never really had the resources to do so. We have even talked about joining the Peace Corp or other types of aid organizations. Well, overseas opportunities are obviously not an option at this point in our lives but there are so many other opportunities to work with other organizations. I was watching T.V. sometime last week while nick was at work and saw a segment on UNICEF and it just clicked; that is what I should be doing. So I did a lot of research that day and found out that I have a lot of work to do in order to get to where I want including going back to school for a masters. It is a little scary realizing that what you have been pursuing for the last five years is not the thing you should be doing and now you have to work again with a clean slate. But luckily I am in the perfect area to pursue this passion. DC is just a hop skip and a jump away and there are tons of schools out here with programs to support me. I just couldn't imagine being happy in any other career. So I brought this idea up to Nick that night and he looked at me as said "that is exactly what you should be doing." Yeah! something to look forward to. So a lot of prayers and a lot of work and I should be on my way. Please pray for us and my job searching. Until next time.

No comments: